11.4.14

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

This might be the most random post ever....just feel like I had a lot of things to blog about but not enough time.  So I am just jotting some things down I want to remember.  

Today Piper and I were leaving to go to ballet class at 4:00 and the sun was setting.....that's just weird.  It is dark so early!  But it is really nice getting up early and the sun is already up. Speaking of getting up early...Piper is going through some really weird sleep issues.  She has always been a great sleeper and stayed in her room and bed.  UNTIL.NOW.  I thought for sure Halloween and trick or treating would knock her out for a solid nights sleep....no way...she came in my room at 3 am ready to party!  After finally getting her to stay in her room and back to sleep I snuck out in the wee hours for some coffee and breakfast.  I think we all know that being tired and cranky + hormones was a dangerous situation for the first person that got up.  I needed some real caffeine! 

 I always get so excited the day after Halloween because all the Christmas decorations are out in stores.  I have strict rules of no Christmas music or decorations before Thanksgiving but I have a confession...I  bought a Christmas pillow and I already put it out!! I am counting down the days until I can go Black Friday shopping :)  I could have gone crazy at Target because they have some seriously cute things for the Holidays this year. I also saw Toms is doing a collaboration with Target and I am pretty excited about it.  

And because I am rambling about the most random things today ( I swear I had more things to say when I sat down), I have the best crock pot recipe to share. I have been craving warm comforting foods lately b/c its been so cool and this one is guranteed to make your belly warm and happy!   We all love this one and have had it on repeat every week for the past month.  Piper asks for it at least 3 days out of the week for dinner, today she told me she wanted it with "corn on the hog."  I modified the recipe from this Tone It Up recipe.  The original includes cinnamon and Pinot Grigio.  I know the alcohol cooks out but here in good ole PA wine can only be purchased at a liquor store and ain't nobody got time for that! I tried cinnamon the first time I made it, and it smelled heavenly, but it just wasn't for me.  




White Bean Turkey Chili
1 lb. Lean Ground Turkey
2 Tbs.Olive Oil
2 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1 White Onion, diced
3 Cans Navy Beans (15 oz.)
1 Tbs. Cumin
1/4 cup Sweet Corn (I actually just use a whole can)
3 cups Vegetable broth
Oregano
+ If you like spicy add in a little chili powder and cayenne pepper ;)
Saute garlic. Add ground Turkey into the skillet. Cook on medium heat while breaking the meat up with a spatula. Remove from skillet and place in crock pot. Saute onion until it turns clear. Add to crock pot. Add in the rest of the ingredients.  Cook on low for 6 hours or so.
We like to top ours with Shredded Monterey Jack cheese and a dollop of plain greek yogurt.







No comments:

Post a Comment