11.1.14

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween and the Pumpkin Patch

Piper and I FINALLY got around to going to the pumpkin patch.  We had been trying to plan something with Dad on a weekend but it just hadn't worked out yet....so we had to go by ourselves during the week.  I thought it would be empty in the middle of the day on a Tuesday but nope, there were buses and buses AND buses of kids there. It was fun and we spent a good portion of the day there. 

Piper asked me to take a picture of her with the giant 500 lb. pumpkin (I think b/c she saw some other kids taking a picture by it first!)



 This little boy asked me to take a picture of him....haha.





The farm we went to didn't have a pick your own pumpkin patch so we stopped by one closer to us on the way home.  We were both tired and cranky....and I think she knew I was getting ticked off at her for not listening, so she started giving me some seriously whacky faces....it worked and she def. made me laugh.  And I think we waited waaay to late to go to the patch....it wasn't very pretty and ps...pumpkin stems have some sort of pokey hairy stuff.....it hurts!!! I had to scrub our pumpkin down when we got home.  I think I am cool with this one time experience....we can just buy from the bins from now on :)




Piper wanted to be Anna from Frozen for Halloween of course!  She had a dress up dress already and wanted to wear that so I was happy b/c that was easy.....but then she told me she needed a cape and a hat.  So I made them for her.  I think this project was a little beyond my skill level, but I had fun making it for her and she had fun being involved with the costume making as well.  I have never really been a huge Halloween fan and haven't gone all out for costumes before, so I figured I probably won't be able to put this much time and effort into a costume again.  She helped me paint her rubber boots to look like Annas and we found the right blue mittens just in time the day before! We had many discussions about those.....she wanted me to get it right!

She is just not into picture taking.  I get dead eyes not looking at me and forced fake smiles all the time....she is impossible!






Piper and her friend Kate.  I know I am biased, but these 2 made the cutest Anna and Dorothy.  Piper is currently obsessed with Wizard of Oz (and Legends of Oz) and wanted to be Dorothy too......she tells me everyday that she is going to be Dorothy next year.    We went trick or treating with Kate in her hood since our community isn't very trick or treat friendly.  We saw a few other Annas yesterday but mostly a LOT of Elsa's :)




A few months ago Kyle and I were watching some old Friday Night Lights because we couldn't find anything else to watch and I mentioned how I had always thought it would have been fun to be Eric and Tami Taylor for Halloween.  He loved it and wanted to do it this year.  LOL...I tried....this was my best I could do Tami Taylor outfit and hair.  
Texas Forever!!

And we have yet to carve our pumpkin!  This weekend is supposed to be full of football, hanging with friends and lots of etsy orders....maybe we can squeeze it in!


No comments:

Post a Comment