I'm Back! And I won't promise that I will keep up with this little blog either. I have learned a few things over the last few months. You can't have it all....a balanced life doesn't exist and that some balls will be dropped...always. There is just not enough time to do everything. I have learned to prioritize my duties and time. There won't be time for everything and I have learned to say "no". I have made peace with the things each week that are neglected. Because I chose to do the things that were important to me. Some weeks it may be my workout that is neglected or my cleaning isn't kept up. But the other things...the important things like giving my daughter the time she needs (and deserves), healthy family meals are prepared (didn't say that they were amazing but they are made), putting aside time for a daily devotional and giving myself time to take care of "me". Not in the spa day, pedicure "me" time. I just simply mean, getting a somewhat decent amount of sleep and making sure I am in good health "me" time. If I am not healthy, it is pretty difficult for our family "system" to function. I wasn't doing this a few months ago and I was not in a good place. My sanity and health were failing me. I was overwhelmed and not putting my health first. I had back issues that I ignored for way too long that left me barely able to function and then I got... Shingles.....I mean what 28 year old gets the Shingles?! I think that was my breaking point!
But I am back...feeling a little less crazy, a little more healthy and a whole lot happier. It's all still a learning process but it's working for us...for now. Our days are long and busy. Piper is taking ballet class, music class and we have started a "Mom and Me" program....it's just one day a week and I go with her until January when she starts going all by herself :)
I'll catch up soon, but we really didn't do a whole lot this summer and didn't take a whole of pictures either. But I do have some to share and I will soon. Here are the most recent pics I have taken.
Our Tiny Dancer

No comments:
Post a Comment