I have been grumbling about living in Fort Myers for a few years now. I have continued to whine about how hot it is (I get cranky in the heat...I can't help it), I complain that I don't love the housing choices and prices, I complain that there isn't anything fun to do, or any decent shopping. A lot of my friends are not from here or have moved away. But lately I am feeling so different about this place. Kyle and I have some great close friends and I have met some pretty great people lately that have made life here much more bearable :) I absolutely love our church Next Level Church. And Piper seems to be having much better days lately.....not that they were that bad compared to others....but we have had some rougher months lately. She's so sweet, so funny, and so darn cute.....I feel so emotional when I think about how lucky I am to get to be her mom.
Today we went to the C'MON - The Golisano Children's Museum of Naples. Wow...why didn't anyone tell me how cool this place is. I met my new friend Mandy there with her son Mason, who is just a few months older than Piper (Piper acts so silly when she is around Mason). This place is so awesome. We stayed for hours and didn't even do everything. I just took a couple pics, having the camera out was really annoying. I'm thinking an annual pass for the girl for her birthday would be a way better gift than toys!
Feeding seeds to the birds.
Most likely the only snowmen she'll know...made of leather and felt (she won't stop talking about the snowman!)
And her favorite part of course....the water tables!
and my favorite part....they sell cupcakes!...seriously, I want to live here :)
1 comment:
Love this post....makes me think about my own "anti-florida" attitude, especially this time of year. And although I am still longing for crisp air and golden trees, I will enjoy all the beautiful things we are fortunate enough to be surrounded by. :) Thanks for the kick in the pants...
Post a Comment